Sunday, May 6, 2012

Today...

Today I had one of the most fantastical Sundays I've had for a while... Although last Sunday was pretty fantastic too. 
Getting home from the retreat to a lovely clean and tidy house, being able to sit with a book and drink cider... yeah!!)

We woke up early, Lexi has taken to running down the hallway between 1-3am and hopping into bed with Mia and I, so it's getting a bit squishy.. Anyway, we woke up about 6:30, the kids watched tele while I buzzed around picking up, putting away, making beds, washing on, bathroom cleaned, bleach down the dunny, stoking up the fire from last night, you know, all that fun stuff. We went to Woolies about 9:30 for a few school supplies, then out to the nursery for some advice on pesky insects picking on my cauliflowers... 
Then home to eat some yummy brunch....
My new favourite combo, and I love lots of almonds in the combo....
Muesli, Banana, Greek Yoghurt and almonds....





Then some work in the garden for a while, and just as I finished it started to rain, inside to my scrap stash. I was able to unpack and play around organising things in my area a bit more to my liking, I even scrapped a page..... It's for the E2C Teeny Tiny Challenge... I slapped down leftovers from Kates class as well as some things from the goody bag. The letters are bought ones as are the cute Kraft Butterflies from Studio Calico. Felt good to scrap, and now that my desk and area is a bit more sorted than before, it'll be easy to slip down there.... 




While we were at the retreat Kate had a fantastic wire coat hanger with her Washi tapes on it, so I asked my parents last night while I was there for dinner if they had one, as mine are all plastic. Dad came out with this one... Cute colour and I asked him to open up the 'latch' part so it can open up easily, and voila, loving my washi tape holder... Stoked!! Can't wait for my Washi to arrived that I ordered on my phone at the retreat.




Then later on I made this yummy Baby Beetroot Tarte Tatin, from this book.. I have been highly inspired by Hugh's tele show, and seeing as I'm here on my own a lot with the kids, I figure that it's not as expensive as meat to throw away if it all doesn't get eaten... (I need some chooks) And I haven't been very inspired by food for that long, it feels great to be in love again with food, especially as it's so yummy!!! 
Just about our whole table was talking about this book at the retreat so am hoping that everyone will join in to cook the same recipes sometimes... I think I encouraged Tatum to make this tart after she saw mine... My pastry was a bit skewif but it's the first time I have EVER made my own pastry so I'm pretty happy aswell. The pastry with the beetroot soaked into it was my favourite part so it couldn't have been all bad! 




Mum and Dad came for a visit with this gem of a book that Mum bought for me somewhere, and I am enlightened that I may even be able to crotchet after I saw an old friend yesterday and she crochets and I'm sure if she can, I can... She even said I should be able to... A bit more heartened. Just need a bit of time. As long as I write my Craft Minx lessons on one of my lists somewhere I will remember to use a bit of my kid-free time.... 





So all in all I had a great day. It drizzled on and off, the house was warm and toasty and smelling yum, the girls hardly fought, I set Lexi up with one of her dolls houses, and lots of little things for the dollhouse, Mia was on and off the computer, reading, watching tele, having little 5 minute spurts of tidying up specific areas of the house when I challenged her, it was a busy but also relaxing day... 

Oh and I also heard that there WILL be a mini retreat and also heard the dates so I'm locking that baby in, I hope and pray and cross fingers and the stars better align so that I can be there!! 

How was your Sunday??

xx

No comments: