Monday, May 7, 2012

Meatless Monday

It's Meatless Monday, except it was last Thursday!! 

I've fallen in love with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall all over again lately... 

I fell in love with I'm years ago when he used to do a food show called TV Dinners where he would go into peoples homes while they hosted dinner parties. The dinner parties were usually a bit out there and unusual and he would get right into the thick of it. Lots of fun and quite entertaining.

I've been watching River Cottage over the years as he has established a sustainable lifestyle...

I noticed about a month ago a show of his on Lifestyle called Rover Cottage Veg Everyday. All vegetarian cooking, he challenged himself to a Summer of only eating veg. Fantastic recipes, and looked like they had lots of flavour too!! So, egged on by Tatum when I updated my status on Facebook one Saturday night, we both have bought the book, along with Lauren who wants it, and Kate and Mardi who both have it coming too. I've cooked two things from it, and am on the lookout for more yummy things to try....

Yesterday was the Beetroot Tarte Tatin but last Thursday was this.....



Chachouka, 
which is an African stew of Capsicums and Tomatoes with eggs then cracked in and baked in the oven.... I added a few chickpeas too, and it was really really good. The next day I got my toasty machine out and made a yummy little parcel in my machine with the mixture which was left over....


It's Meatless Monday over at Veggie Mama, so even while I'm not linking up, go and check out her page!!  xx


2 comments:

Lauren said...

I am still lusting after that book...soon...I will buy it soon! In the meantime I think Tatum should cook me something from it :)
xx

miasmummy said...

I absolutely positively think she should too!! I have to pick something out of it for us to cook..... I love love love that book!! xxx