Sunday, January 1, 2012

She's THREE!!

Quite a bit lately I have had the words, "this time three years ago" running in my head.
I can't believe Lexi is 3, although it feels like she has been a part of us forever. 
She is fiesty, addicted to milk, has a fantastic vocab, sleeps in a big girls bed, is learning to share and is pretty good at it, loves babies, loves her 'baby' who sleeps with her every night, loves dogs, old school Hi-5, sings Jingle Bells word for word, and lots of other songs too, doesn't like many foods, loves loves her childcare, loves her Daddy (and me but maybe not quite so much), follows Mia everywhere, she loves painting and drawing and is very good at blowing bubbles. She loves the beach, her cousins, and all her family, and knows exactly who they all are. She generally sleeps all night, and doesn't mind going to bed. Loves her bath with Mia especially when there are millions of bubbles, she is fantastically friendly, and has a gorgeous smile and a hello to people everywhere... 
To think that 3 years ago we were waiting to take her to Melbourne, it seems like a dream of long ago. Things aren't quite as vivid as it has been in the past, and I'm not a great retainer of memories, and in this case, I think it's a good thing. I have lots of words written down and that is enough.... 
I personally, am in awe of her and still do think of her surgery and battle for life... Not many days would go by that I don't. It's part of us all. She is an amazing little chick. So loved and adored.


Lexi spent most of her day a very happy little girl. This face of awe was with her alot! 

 Using brute force to open a present!! 


Our precious girlies with Lexi's favourite present, she loves all the Toy Story Movies... 

 A sausage sizzle in the backyard with our parents and siblings and kids... It was a nice evening. A few chicken patties and chicken shaslicks were lovely too. I just needed it to be as simple as possible!


What a cheesy grin!! Our nephew Ethan and Lexi are such beautiful little friends.

 Lexi has taken over Mia's DS so she got a game amongst a million other things... Showing it off!


 Hugs for Aunty Keryn thanking her for her gifts...

And Aunty Nelly....

 And Nan...


 And Nanna too.... She was so cute, when I suggested giving hugs and saying thankyou, off she ran.. Adorable.

The kids at Mia and Lexi's new outdoor table that Santa gave them... 

 A selfie of me and my Daddy-O...


 I picked a cob of corn from the garden and asked Brenton to cook it on the BBQ, was deluxe. No butter or salt, just as is, which is how I like my corn anyway... I can't wait to eat some more tommorow!! 


Birthday Icecream cake. And all the kids. I think the candles may have been lit a few times for a few different kids!! lol!!

And because Lexi shares her birthday with her older cousin Cody, he had a cake too and a song. Mia had trouble getting the icing actually IN her mouth!! Fun times!

A beautiful day, my lovely friend Tracey came and spent the evening with our family, which was a gorgeous addition to the night. After all had departed she and I sat out the back for a couple of extra drinks and a catch up which was the perfect end of a special day!
xxx

No comments: