Hi, yes I am still alive...
I just haven't been bothered to blog.
Winter made me feel pretty down and so I didn't feel like blogging because I just would have been whinging...
And I could have whinged because after all, it's my blog.
Around here we have had renovations happening, basically the whole exterior of our house has been re-done. Asbestos removed, the house was insulated, re-clad in varying textures and finishes.. It looks fantastic, and I'm glad we have done it, but it was quite disruptive to being outside. Also we had major landscaping done in the back yard which is fantastic too.. Already the kids are out there way more than before... I've planted lots of little seedlings and am very excited about tending to them and watching them grow and encouraging my girls to get out and water them, and to pick freshness right from the plant! That's the bit I want them to get into. Last Summer we did enjoy picking our own produce...
A little overview of the work done in the yard. And yes it wasn't cheap, but we really want to stay in this house, so want to make it just how we want. Well, with what we have to work anyway!!
We have a fantastic view and it's close to the town centre, schools, everything really! Next thing are to fix/replace some fences.. But we know a guy who can help us out, and working out what to do with all the dirt areas in the yard.. Cubby house first, then we will work around that. I'm thinking paths...
I've been into scrapping a bit more. I went with my SIL and my friend Liz to E2C's mini retreat at Trinity a few weeks ago and was able to finish 13 LO's so was happy with that.
I'll be back soon, not sure when but not in two months!!
I might try and upload all my LO's from the retreat!
2 comments:
wow that looks fantastic :-) The dollars do and up but as you say if it's a home you want to stay in it makes it an even better place to live now :-)
Wow...looks good- and great for the kidlets to get outside, renos of any kind are exciting!! I think we had that same guy do my back garden too, does a great job!!
Post a Comment